|Meeting Time: 12:00 p.m.|
Meeting Place: Milner Health Care Community Activity Center
Members Present: 16 members present
Lunch Provided By: Milner Health Care and Mandy Murray
1. The meeting was called to order by Freddie Rodkey. Milner Health Care and Mandy Murray were thanked for providing the meal. Minutes from the previous meeting were approved as presented.
2. Treasurerís Report:
1. There are still coupon books available for sale. If you are need more to sell, they can be picked up at the Town Hall. Gary Gangwer made a motion to reduce the price to $8.00, seconded by Sharon Bardonner, and the motion passed.
2. There are still dates open for this year to provide a light meal for a meeting.
3. Membership dues and website fees are now past due.
1. Chad Colby stated that there are 3 lanterns that need to be rebuilt and a wreath was damaged. We can receive a 40% discount now since it is their slow season.
Gary Gangwer made a motion to rebuild the lanterns and repair the wreath. Sharon Bardonner amended the motion to state if the wreath isnít worth being repaired to go ahead and replace it, seconded by Doug Ticen, and the motion passed.
2. A sponsorship was received from the Rossville Baseball Association. Pat McIlrath made a motion to continue at the same level of sponsorship, seconded by Sharon Bardonner, and the motion passed.
3. We still need an entertainment chair person. If anyone is interested, please contact Freddie Rodkey.
4. The scholarship applications have been taken to the school. Deadline is March 30, 2018. Doug Ticen and Bev Miller have agreed to be on the scholarship committee this year.
5. Gene Mellinger appeared before the group to discuss if there was any interest in having a sesquicentennial celebration in 2020.
Summerís End Festival:
1. After much discussion, it was agreed to continue producing the coupon book as an advertising tool for area businesses.
2. Bev Miller stated she will be taking Little Miss/Mister forms to the school for kindergarten round up.
There being no further business to come before the group, the meeting was adjourned to Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. at the Milner Health Care Community Activity Center. Gangwer Insurance will be providing the meal.